Cordelia Chase is one of the most fascinating characters in the Buffyverse, a world which is already quite full of very interesting characters. However, the way that Cordelia is handled makes her kind of a standout; while she herself is a highly feminist character in many ways, what happens to her is most assuredly not feminist. There’s a reason that some fans regard Cordelia’s fate as one of Joss’ greatest (and most unnecessary) acts of betrayal. It’s not just that her character was killed off, but that it was done in a way which made no sense and in fact was actively hurtful.
- librarianpirate likes this
- hypocritelecteuse reblogged this from se-smith and added:
- hypocritelecteuse likes this
- salt-water-chardonnay likes this
- perversetoamiracle reblogged this from se-smith
- hypotheticalthalamus reblogged this from se-smith
- se-smith posted this