…Especially when the October wind
(Some let me make you of autumnal spells,
The spider-tongued, and the loud hill of Wales)
With fists of turnips punishes the land,
Some let me make you of the heartless words.
The heart is drained that, spelling in the scurry
Of chemic blood, warned of the coming fury.
By the sea’s side hear the dark-vowelled birds.
from Especially When the October Wind, by Dylan Thomas
Reblogging because “the dark-vowelled birds” absolutely destroys me.
[Image: what looks like a manipulated photo of silhouettes of leafless trees against a dark blue background. The surface of the image is striated so that the trees are not distinct shapes but more a collection of lines. The overall effect suggests wind and movement.]
- vampirica likes this
- angelmeat likes this
- tumblrrinserepeat reblogged this from ghoulnextdoor
- tumblrrinserepeat likes this
- underthepyramids likes this
- aubade likes this
- artcreep likes this
- perversetoamiracle reblogged this from doesntlivehereanymore and added:
- theremina likes this
- dancing-about-architecture likes this
- doesntlivehereanymore reblogged this from ghoulnextdoor
- youneednotwonderwhy likes this
- ontheborderland likes this
- ghoulnextdoor posted this